NOSTALGIA DIRECT PRIVACY ACT
INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU AND THE USE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
PLEASE NOTE WE DO NOT PASS YOUR DETAILS TO 3RD PARTIES FOR MARKETING PURPOSES
However, please understand that if you do object, then this may affect our ability to carry out the tasks outlined below that are designed for your benefit.
We process and retain your personal information for certain legitimate Interests, which include some or all of the following:
Where the processing enables us to enhance, modify, personalise or otherwise improve our services and communications for the benefit of our customers
To identify and prevent fraud by verifying your identity
To enhance the security of our network and information systems
To better understand how people interact with our websites, email and catalogue communications
To provide postal and email communications which we think will be of interest to you
where we have a legal right or duty to use or disclose your information (for example in relation to an investigation by a public authority or in a legal dispute).
To determine the effectiveness of promotional campaigns and advertising.
The information we gather on our site falls into two categories:
(1) personal information you supply when you become a customer, order or provide your email address
(2) tracking information collected as you navigate through our site.
- Personally identifiable information. To use certain features on our site, we ask you to become a registered user. When you do this, we collect personally identifiable information about you such as your name, mailing address, e-mail address, telephone number.
- Tracking information. When you use our site, we may collect tracking information such as your browser type, the type of operating system you use, the domain name of your Internet service provider, and pages visited on the site. None of this information identifies you personally; we collect it for aggregate reporting on site activity to help us mange the performance of the site for a better shopping experience.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may contact you with our latest offers and promotions that we think might interest you, either by mail or e-mail.
Our communications are designed to tell you about the benefits we can offer, so that you will be notified of our latest deals, offers and promotions. We use the information we collect about you to tailor the content you receive and try to ensure that the offers are as relevant to you as possible.
In addition, the personal information you provide may be used for the purposes of identity verification database verification and enhancement.
We may randomly monitor and record your calls to us because this helps us to ensure that we provide you with the highest level of services and maintain quality standards.
SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Our website uses Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) certificates that ensure your data is encrypted when transmitted over the Internet. We have upgraded our site to ensure that all pages are secure in line with the latest best practise. When you are in the secure section of the site, a padlock symbol appears in your browser. In most web browsers this appears to the right or left of the address bar at the top depending upon the web browser you are using.
'Verified by Visa' and 'MasterCard SecureCode' are additional security measures for customers using payment cards from Visa and MasterCard.We also provide the option for you to pay securely using Paypal. This allows you to confirm your identity before purchase as a protection from unauthorised use of your credit or debit card when shopping online. For more details, please visit Visa, MasterCard or Paypal online or contact your card issuer.
We strongly recommend to keep your password safe and not to dilvulge your password anyone else under any circumstances. Please remember to log out of your session at the end and to close down the session. This is especially important if you are using a shared computer in a internet café or library.
We hold a SSL certificate from Comodo which is a well-established and respected certification authority: https://www.comodo.com/
Our payment page is hosted by a leading payment provider Sagepay and we do not hold your card details on our servers. For more detail, please visit their website at https://www.sagepay.co.uk/
OPTING OUT FROM EMAIL AND CATALOGUES
If you wish to opt out from receiving email and postal communications from us or please use one of the methods listed below.
- Send an email titled 'opt out' to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know which service you'd like to unsubscribe from - choose from catalogue or email.
- Ticking the relevant box located at the bottom of the order form you've received from us and then send the order form back to us
- Call our customer service team on 0844 736 9220 – from 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday (except bank holidays)
- Write a letter detailing your request and which activity you wish to opt out from to:
Data Protection Officer
9 Romsey Industrial Estate
Should you wish to correct any information or preference we currently have for you then you can use any of the relevant procedures as listed above to update us with your wishes at any time.
Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded to your personal computer, mobile or other device when you visit a website. They are not harmful and do not contain any confidential information such as your home address, date of birth or credit card details. The information stored in cookies is safe and anonymous. You can find more information about cookies at http://www.allaboutcookies.org
Cookies are used on our site for the following reasons:
To store the content of your online shopping basket whilst you browse the site and to complete an order.
To compile anonymous aggregated statistics that allow us to understand how users use our website and help us improve the structure of our website.
QUESTIONS OR ENQUIRES
If you should have any further questions or queries relating to the use or storage of your Personal data, then please write to:
Data Protection Officer
NDL Media Ltd T/A Nostalgia Direct
9 Romsey Industrial Estate
Registered in England Number 4535649.
If you wish for a reply, please remember to include your full name, address and customer account number if known.